5213 Harkey Road
Waxhaw, NC 28173
Holiday Phone: 704-843-3919
CANE CREEK PARK FAMILY CAMPGROUND
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PROHIBITED by County Ordinance.
2. REGISTRATION: Adults (18 years of age or older, ID required) must register and occupy site. Children under 18 years of age may not be left alone and must have adult supervision at all times. Fourteen (14) days maximum continuous stay permitted and then customer must vacate for forty eight (48) hours.
3. Bikes, scooters, and skateboards must follow North Carolina laws regarding helmets. Bikes must follow vehicular traffic pattern. No riding after dark.
4. CAMPING UNITS PERMITTED:
a. FCA: 2 tents, or, 1 tent and 1 camper per site. A canopy tent may be set up over picnic table. A maximum of 6 campers/visitors/guests are permitted to occupy each campsite at any given day/time. Maximum 2 vehicles per site (includes cars/trucks/boats/boat trailers/utility trailers, etc.) If site is unable to accept vehicles on gravel/paved pad, vehicles must be moved to overflow parking lot (No Parking on grass or roadways).
b. GCA: Tents only as designated in Fee Schedule. No Parking on campsites, grass, or roadways. Maximum number of vehicles allowed on a small group site is four (4) and on a large group site is six (6).
c. WCA: 2 tents per site, maximum 6 campers/visitors/guests are permitted to occupy campsite at any given day/time. No Parking on campsites, grass, or roadways. Please DO NOT BLOCK BOAT RAMP!
d. Cabins: Maximum 6 per cabin (no exceptions) per fire code. Maximum 1 vehicle on cabin site. Additional vehicle must park in designated parking lot. NO PETS ALLOWED.
5. PARKING: Park only on gravel/paved pads and designated paved parking lots. NO PARKING ON GRASS OR ROADWAYS. All vehicles should be backed into their appropriate space. If you are unable to park 2 permitted vehicles on gravel areas, they must be moved to the overflow parking lots with Park issued pass visible on rearview mirror.
6. GOLF CARTS: No golf carts will be allowed without approved ADA Handicap Placard. Must show proof of current registration and insurance.
7. GATE ACCESS: is restricted to emergency use only after posted closing time. Emergency Gate Combination is for registered campers only. DO NOT release this number to visitors, family members, guests, etc. RE-ENTRY INTO THE PARK AFTER GATE CLOSING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED WITHOUT REGISTRATION FORM.
8. VISITORS/GUESTS: Visitors (those not staying overnight) must leave the campground prior to Quiet Time 10:30 p.m. Registered campers are responsible for their visitors and guests. All visitors and guests must purchase approved visitor pass from Park Staff.
9. ANIMALS: No person shall cause or permit any animal owned by him or under his control, except when on a leash not exceeding six feet in length, to enter the Park. Dogs and other animals shall not be allowed within the fenced ballfield, swim areas, or inside buildings. Where animals are found to be disturbing or dangerous, their owners will be asked to remove them from the Park.
10. CAMPFIRES: are permitted in fire rings only. NO GROUND FIRES! Fire must be tended by a responsible adult at all times. Extinguish completely before leaving campsite. Fires must be of a reasonable size and are not allowed during burning bans.
11. DAMAGING PARK PROPERTY: Cutting of trees, defacing buildings, tables, and littering, etc. is a violation of Park rules.
12. SPEED LIMIT: within the park is 10 M.P.H. Please observe the speed limit for the safety of children as well as all Park visitors.
13. QUIET TIME: is from 10:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please respect the rights of others by keeping music and talking at a low volume.
14. FISHING: N.C. Inland Fishing Regulations Apply. Appropriate N.C. State Fishing License REQUIRED. License are sold in the Operation Center in the Day Use Area for your convenience. Night fishing permitted from the bank only. NO NIGHT BOATING. All boats must be registered at the Camp Store, and must be out of the water or brought to shore 1/2 hour before sunset.
15. SWIMMING/WADING: is permitted in designated swim area only with Park lifeguards on duty. Children 12 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
16. FIRE ARMS: Unless otherwise provided by law, no person shall posses, carry, use or discharge any type of firearms, airguns, paintball guns, or any other weapon within the Park, authorized law enforcement officers excepted. FIREWORKS OF ANY TYPE ARE PROHIBITED.
17. ASSIGNED SITES: Park Rangers have the authority to assign sites.
18. CHECK OUT TIME: is 3:00 p.m. Extensions must be obtained prior to 11:00 a.m. on check out day.
19. ENFORCEMENT: Failure to abide by regulations governing all Union County owned Parks and Recreation facilities will subject offender to temporary or permanent exclusions or criminal prosecution. In the event of revocation of any permit, all monies paid shall be forfeited by the offender and retained by the Park.
THIS PROPERTY IS OWNED BY UNION COUNTY. THE CAMPER ACCEPTS CAMPING PRIVILEGES WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT HE DOES HEREBY RELEASE UNION COUNTY, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND INJURY TO HIS PERSON ARISING OUT OF HIS USE OF ITS CAMPING FACILITIES AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY UNION COUNTY, IT’S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND ANY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY, GUEST, OR VISITOR OF THE REGISTERED CAMPER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ITS CAMPING FACILITES.
Jim Chaffin, Division Director
Union County Parks and Recreation
5213 Harkey Road
Waxhaw, NC 28173
Union County North Carolina does not endorse content on external sites (Please read Disclaimer) :: Webmaster