UNION COUNTY PARKS AND RECREATION
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All motorized vehicles, cars, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles and bicycles shall be confined to designated roads and parking areas. No person shall operate a vehicle on any path, trail, service road or in any other area of the Park not designated or customarily used for that purpose. No vehicles except authorized maintenance equipment will be allowed on any athletic field.
No golf carts or ATV’s allowed on park property without written permission.
No owner or driver shall cause or permit a vehicle to remain parked in any area of the Park outside of designated parking areas.
No vehicle shall be operated at a rate of speed in excess of ten (10) miles per hour inside the Park.
No camp shall be set-up or maintained in the Park, except as specifically designated, and with written permission only.
Boating of any kind is prohibited on Park waters, except as specifically designated, or with written permission.
Swimming/Wading is permitted in designated swim areas, only when Park lifeguards are on duty.
Children 12 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
FLORA, MINERALS AND STRUCTURES:
No person shall cut, injure, deface, remove or disturb any tree, shrub, building, fence, bench, table, or any other structure, apparatus or property; or pick, cut, or remove any tree, shrub, flower or rock; or mark, write or carve upon any building, fence, bench, table or any other structure in the Park.
No person shall cause or permit any animal owned by him or under his control, except when on a leash not exceeding six feet in length to enter the Park. Dogs and other animals shall not be allowed within the fenced ballfield, swim areas, or inside buildings. Where animals are found to be disturbing or dangerous, their owners will be asked to remove them from the Park.
Horseback riding is prohibited on Park property, except as specifically designated, or with written permission only.
Union County Parks are designated WILDLIFE Refuge. No person within the confines of the Park shall hunt, pursue, trap, shoot, injure, kill, or molest in any way any animal.
No person shall fish in any waters of the Park, except as specifically designated, or by written permission at such times as designated by Park authorities. North Carolina Inland Fishing Regulations must be complied with at all times. Night fishing from boats is prohibited in designated waters without written permission.
Unless otherwise provided by law, no person shall possess, carry, use or discharge any type of firearms, airguns, or any other weapon within the Park; authorized Park personnel or law enforcement officers excepted.
No person shall make, kindle or tend an open fire other than in grills or in designated places provided for such. All fires shall be under the direction and care of a responsible adult continuously from the time it is kindled until it is permanently extinguished by person or persons building same.
FIREWORKS AND EXPLOSIVES:
No person shall have, bring or set off in the Park any fireworks or explosives of any type, without written permission or proper county permit.
No person shall deposit any garbage, refuse, sewage, foodstuffs, boxes, cans, paper or any other types of litter or waste material, except in receptacles provided for such purposes.
No person shall bathe self, dogs or any other animal, wash vehicles or clothing in any waters of the Park. No person shall throw, deposit or discharge any substance, liquid or solid, which may result in the pollution of the streams, ponds, or other waters of the Park.
No person shall use abusive, profane or insulting language, unreasonably disturb or annoy others, or do any act amounting to or with the intent to a breach of peace or conduct himself in any disorderly manner.
As per the County Ordinance Pertaining to Public display of Alcoholic Beverages on Property Owned by Union County: Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on any property owned by Union County; any person who violates any provision of this ordinance shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Gambling or betting in any form is prohibited.
No person shall, without a written permit, offer, sell or solicit for sale, lease or rent any goods, merchandise or services within the Park.
No person shall distribute any circulars, cards or written matter; or post, paste or affix any placard, notice or sign within the Park, without written permission.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Park will be open throughout the year during posted hours of operation. No person, except authorized Park personnel shall be allowed within the Park prior to or after these posted hours without written permission.
Use of athletic fields is by reservation only. For information call 704.843.3919, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Failure to abide by posted regulations governing Union County Park’s will subject offender to temporary or permanent exclusion, or criminal prosecution. In the event of revocation of any permit, all monies paid shall be forfeited by the offender and retained by Union County.
CANE CREEK PARK
CAMPING RESERVATION POLICY
To make it easier for visitors to make a camping reservation at Cane Creek Park, Union County has adopted a camping reservation policy for the Family Camping Area (FCA) and the Group Camping Area (GCA). The FCA has a limited number of sites set aside for reservations with the remaining sites available on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. All Wilderness Area Sites, Horse Camp Sites, GCA sites and cabins are open for reservations. All unreserved FCA sites and unreserved GCA cabins are open on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. GCA tent sites require reservations. In the event that all other camping sites, excluding cabins, are occupied, GCA tent sites will be open on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. All first-come, first-serve sites may be reserved in the event that all other sites are reserved.
- Adults (18 years of age or older) may make reservations, through the current calendar year, at least 24 hours prior to occupancy date.
- Reservation requests will be accepted by telephone, fax, e-mail, or in person, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Operations Center (704)843-3919.
- Campsites may not be sub-let and reservations are not transferable.
- Reservations may be made for (a) a minimum of two nights, (b) a maximum of fourteen consecutive nights.
- The park will guarantee a specific site for a confirmed (paid in full) reservation that has been made more than two weeks prior to arrival date. A site preference will be honored, subject to availability, for reservations made less than 2 weeks in advance and must be made in person and paid by cash, check or credit card, or by phone through an approved credit card.
- There will be an additional $4.00 administrative fee per each reserved campsite/cabin. An additional $4.00 administration fee will also be charged for each change or cancellation, once payment is received.
- Reserved sites must be paid in full (Monday-Friday, excluding holidays) within 10 working days of the date the request was made and must be received 48 hours prior to arrival. Reservations made less than two weeks in advance must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Reservation will be confirmed when payment in full is received, at which time a confirmation notice may be mailed.
- Maximum number of dates/sites which may be reserved at any time is three. After those three dates/sites have been paid in full, three additional reservations may be made. However, each date/site must be reserved in the name of the individual who will occupy each site. Valid I.D. will be required prior to occupying site. Only the person whose name the site is reserved in, will be permitted to check in.
- Requests for adjoining or adjacent campsites will be honored subject to availability.
- Sites are available for Check-in between 3:30 p.m. and park closing. (Campground closing times vary throughout the year. Be sure to verify closing time.) Check-out time for each site/cabin is no later than 3:00 p.m.
- Cancellation requests must be made in person, in letter format, by fax, or by e-mail and must be received at the Operations Center no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day prior to the reservation. Rain checks may be issued for an approved cancellation. No Cash Refunds. Make cancellation requests to: Cane Creek Park, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm (excluding holidays).
5213 Harkey Road
Waxhaw, NC 28173
Holiday Phone: 704-843-3919
CANE CREEK PARK FAMILY CAMPGROUND
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PROHIBITED by County Ordinance.
2. REGISTRATION: Adults (18 years of age or older, ID required) must register and occupy site. Children under 18 years of age may not be left alone and must have adult supervision at all times. Fourteen (14) days maximum continuous stay permitted and then customer must vacate for forty eight (48) hours.
3. Bikes, scooters, and skateboards must follow North Carolina laws regarding helmets. Bikes must follow vehicular traffic pattern. No riding after dark.
4. CAMPING UNITS PERMITTED:
a. FCA: 2 tents, or, 1 tent and 1 camper per site. A canopy tent may be set up over picnic table. A maximum of 6 campers/visitors/guests are permitted to occupy each campsite at any given day/time. Maximum 2 vehicles per site (includes cars/trucks/boats/boat trailers/utility trailers, etc.) If site is unable to accept vehicles on gravel/paved pad, vehicles must be moved to overflow parking lot (No Parking on grass or roadways).
b. GCA: Tents only as designated in Fee Schedule. No Parking on campsites, grass, or roadways. Maximum number of vehicles allowed on a small group site is four (4) and on a large group site is six (6).
c. WCA: 2 tents per site, maximum 6 campers/visitors/guests are permitted to occupy campsite at any given day/time. No Parking on campsites, grass, or roadways. Please DO NOT BLOCK BOAT RAMP!
d. Cabins: Maximum 6 per cabin (no exceptions) per fire code. Maximum 1 vehicle on cabin site. Additional vehicle must park in designated parking lot. NO PETS ALLOWED.
5. PARKING: Park only on gravel/paved pads and designated paved parking lots. NO PARKING ON GRASS OR ROADWAYS. All vehicles should be backed into their appropriate space. If you are unable to park 2 permitted vehicles on gravel areas, they must be moved to the overflow parking lots with Park issued pass visible on rearview mirror.
6. GOLF CARTS: No golf carts will be allowed without approved ADA Handicap Placard. Must show proof of current registration and insurance.
7. GATE ACCESS: is restricted to emergency use only after posted closing time. Emergency Gate Combination is for registered campers only. DO NOT release this number to visitors, family members, guests, etc. RE-ENTRY INTO THE PARK AFTER GATE CLOSING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED WITHOUT REGISTRATION FORM.
8. VISITORS/GUESTS: Visitors (those not staying overnight) must leave the campground prior to Quiet Time 10:30 p.m. Registered campers are responsible for their visitors and guests. All visitors and guests must purchase approved visitor pass from Park Staff.
9. ANIMALS: No person shall cause or permit any animal owned by him or under his control, except when on a leash not exceeding six feet in length, to enter the Park. Dogs and other animals shall not be allowed within the fenced ballfield, swim areas, or inside buildings. Where animals are found to be disturbing or dangerous, their owners will be asked to remove them from the Park.
10. CAMPFIRES: are permitted in fire rings only. NO GROUND FIRES! Fire must be tended by a responsible adult at all times. Extinguish completely before leaving campsite. Fires must be of a reasonable size and are not allowed during burning bans.
11. DAMAGING PARK PROPERTY: Cutting of trees, defacing buildings, tables, and littering, etc. is a violation of Park rules.
12. SPEED LIMIT: within the park is 10 M.P.H. Please observe the speed limit for the safety of children as well as all Park visitors.
13. QUIET TIME: is from 10:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please respect the rights of others by keeping music and talking at a low volume.
14. FISHING: N.C. Inland Fishing Regulations Apply. Appropriate N.C. State Fishing License REQUIRED. License are sold in the Operation Center in the Day Use Area for your convenience. Night fishing permitted from the bank only. NO NIGHT BOATING. All boats must be registered at the Camp Store, and must be out of the water or brought to shore 1/2 hour before sunset.
15. SWIMMING/WADING: is permitted in designated swim area only with Park lifeguards on duty. Children 12 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
16. FIRE ARMS: Unless otherwise provided by law, no person shall posses, carry, use or discharge any type of firearms, airguns, paintball guns, or any other weapon within the Park, authorized law enforcement officers excepted. FIREWORKS OF ANY TYPE ARE PROHIBITED.
17. ASSIGNED SITES: Park Rangers have the authority to assign sites.
18. CHECK OUT TIME: is 3:00 p.m. Extensions must be obtained prior to 11:00 a.m. on check out day.
19. ENFORCEMENT: Failure to abide by regulations governing all Union County owned Parks and Recreation facilities will subject offender to temporary or permanent exclusions or criminal prosecution. In the event of revocation of any permit, all monies paid shall be forfeited by the offender and retained by the Park.
THIS PROPERTY IS OWNED BY UNION COUNTY. THE CAMPER ACCEPTS CAMPING PRIVILEGES WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT HE DOES HEREBY RELEASE UNION COUNTY, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND INJURY TO HIS PERSON ARISING OUT OF HIS USE OF ITS CAMPING FACILITIES AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY UNION COUNTY, IT’S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND ANY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY, GUEST, OR VISITOR OF THE REGISTERED CAMPER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ITS CAMPING FACILITES.