The County of Union will respect, value and respond to the dynamic needs of our residents, businesses, and visitors. Working in partnership with our community, Union County will become the county of choice as people elect to live, work and do business in our safe, healthy and vital neighborhoods.
Union County's philosophy is based on the following principles that guide the efforts of Union County government.
- Provide the least intrusive government that serves the best interest of all citizens.
- View elected and appointed officials as policymakers, and staff as implementers of policy.
- Encourage citizen participation in government and promote public trust and accountability.
- Administer a government that is competent and responsive to citizens' needs
while understanding its obligation to taxpayers.
- Adhere to the community's strong work ethic, promoting high productivity with reasonable workloads.
- Foster an economic, social and physical environment that allows individual and corporate citizens to realize their potential
- Encourage and recognize creativity, innovation and teamwork among County employees.
- Encourage administrative decision-making at the point of service.
- Administer county government with compassion and fairness.
- Customer Service
- Ethics and Integrity
- Job Knowledge and Skills