Public Works

Public Works Truck

Union County Public Works (UCPW) provides water supply, wastewater treatment, solid waste management, storm water management, and facilities management services to the unincorporated areas and manyof the incorporated areas of Union County. UCPW is the water and wastewater utility service provider to all of the municipalities in Union with the exception of Monroe, Marshville, and Wingate.  UCPW has nearly 120 employees and a total operating budget of approximately $33 million which is primarily funded through rates and fees charged for services. UCPW receives only a small portion of revenue from the tax supported general fund for the Facilities Management division.


Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation

Our customer service office is located on the 4th floor of the Union County Government Center and our hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Public Works office is typically closed on federal holidays. Please call 704-296-4210 or check our website ( or the local newspaper for closings.


Union County Public Works
500 N. Main Street, Suite 500
Monroe, NC 28112

Customer Service
Phone:  704-296-4210    
Fax:  704-296-4231

Stay Connected
Stay Connected

Please call 704-296-4210 immediately to report a sewer backup, a sewer overflow or other utility-related EMERGENCY.  On-call service is available 24 hours per day for emergency situations only.  Emergency calls made after business hours will be transferred to Union County's 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Center (704-289-1591). 

Always call 9-1-1 directly in case of a life-threatening or medical emergency.

Water outages due to non-payment are generally not considered emergencies.  Please verify that your account has not been disconnected for non-payment before reporting a water outage.  You can check your account balance and payment status here or by calling 704-292-2537.  Please have your account number available.

If your water service has been disconnected for non-payment, service will only be restored when the total balance on the account has been paid in full.  Service is not automatically restored upon payment.  Once the payment has been made, you must call 704-296-4210 to request a reconnection.  Proof of payment (either a current dated receipt or a valid confirmation number) is required.  In order to be reconnected the same day, payments and requests for reconnection must be made during normal business hours, but prior to 4:00 pm.    Service will be restored the following business day when payments and requests are made after 4:00 pm. 

Edward Goscicki - Executive Director

Richard McMillan - Assistant Director of Operations

Scott Huneycutt - Engineering Division Director

Craig Fox - Facilities Management Division Director

Shelley Maness - Business Operations Division Director


Copyright 2014 by Union County, North Carolina

Union County North Carolina does not endorse content on external sites (Please read Disclaimer)  ::   Webmaster