Skip to content

Union County, North Carolina

Image banner

Online Search Instructions

Public Works

Public Works

Public works employee making repairs

In the event of a sewer backup, sewer overflow, or other utility-related emergency call 704-296-4210 immediately.

How can I view my water bill?

You can log-in to your utility online account here, or register for an account if you don’t currently have one. With online access, you can view your current bill and bill history, see your water consumption and make charges to your account.

You can pay your bill with a check or credit card:

See more information

How can I lower my water bill?

You can view water saving tips on the Soil & Water Conservation Department’s Water Resources page.

Where can I drop off waste and recycling?

UCPW operates facilities for the disposal of municipal solid waste (garbage), construction and demolition (C&D) debris, yard waste and other recyclables. These facilities are co-located at the County’s Solid Waste Management Center on Austin Chaney Road. These facilities are primarily designed to serve the needs of commercial haulers that pick up garbage and recyclables from the residents and businesses within our community, although accommodations are made for the individual to dispose of these materials.

Union County also operates six residential waste drop-off sites located throughout unincorporated Union County to provide a convenient location for residents that do not utilize curbside collection programs, to dispose of their garbage and recyclables. Union County does not provide solid waste collection services within municipal limits and does not provide curbside collection of MSW or recyclables within unincorporated Union County.

For more information, visit our Solid Waste & Recycling page.

Log in to keep track of your favorite resources.


Union County Public Works
500 N. Main St., Ste 400
Monroe, NC 28112

Phone: 704-296-4210
Fax: 704-296-4231

Emergency Numbers

Please call 704-296-4210 immediately to report a sewer backup, a sewer overflow or other utility-related EMERGENCY. On call service is available 24 hours per day for emergency situations only. Emergency calls made after business hours will be transferred to Union County's 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Center (704-289-1591).

Always call 9-1-1 directly in case of a life-threatening or medical emergency.

Water outages due to non-payment are generally not considered emergencies. Please verify that your account has not been disconnected for non-payment before reporting a water outage. You can check your account balance and payment status here or by calling 704-292-2537. Please have your account number available.

If your water service has been disconnected for non-payment, service will only be restored when the total balance on the account has been paid in full. Service is not automatically restored upon payment. Once the payment has been made, you must call 704-296-4210 to request a re-connection. Proof of payment (either a current dated receipt or a valid confirmation number) is required. In order to be reconnected the same day, payments and requests for re-connection must be made during normal business hours, but prior to 4:00 p.m. Service will be restored the following business day when payments and requests are made after 4:00 p.m.

Individual Contacts

Edward Goscicki, PE
Executive Director

Andy Neff, PE
Water & Wastewater Operations Division Director

Scott Huneycutt, PE
Engineering Division Director

Shelley Maness
Business Operations Division Director

Ronald Gilkerson
Environmental Management & Facilities Division Director

Aubrey Lofton, PE
Planning & Resources Division Director

About Public Works

Union County Public Works (UCPW) provides water supply, wastewater treatment, solid waste management and facilities management services to the unincorporated areas and many of the incorporated areas of Union County. UCPW is the water and wastewater utility service provider to all of the municipalities in Union County with the exception of Monroe, Marshville and Wingate. UCPW has nearly 120 employees and a total operating budget of approximately $33 million which is primarily funded through rates and fees charged for services. UCPW receives only a small portion of revenue from the tax supported general fund for the Facilities Management Division.